Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Overview of Environmental Legislation - 5th Annual
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
***For INVOICES instead of credit card payment, contact us.***
Presentation: Overview of Environmental Legislation - 5th Annual
Tavares Group Consulting presents one of the most requested and cost-effective overview and update courses on environmental regulation, compliance and due diligence. Our annual sessionhas been the local resource to gain timely insight to stay ahead of compliance requirements. By attending you can:
- Update your understanding of new acts, regulations and bylaws;
- Fulfill essential ISO 14001 requirements;
- Interact with leading experts to answer specific questions;
- Learn the latest best management and compliance practices;
- Network with new contacts in leading organisations;
- Earn Continuing Education Credits; and
- Obtain proof of your organization’s commitment to environmental due diligence.
2011 Confirmed Course Topics and Instructors include:
- Catalyzing sustainability through Toxics Reduction - Bruce Taylor of Enviro-Stewards Inc. will provide an overview of accounting and planning requirements under Ontario's new Toxics Reduction Act, use case studies to illustrate how facilities can leverage this effort to improve their sustainability, and outline funding programs available for this work.
- Ontario's proposed amendment of 25 February 2011 to the brownfield regulation, O.Reg.153/04 Records of Site Condition - Gain valuable insight regarding the outcome of extensive changes in 2010 and proposed clarifications to take effect 1 July 2011 from Frank Colozza, Senior Hydrogeologist and Qualified Person.
- New industrial air rules and standards - Air Emissions Specialist, Adam Quipp, will address the proposed revisions posted on the EBR 14 February 2011 to the Ontario source Testing Code and their effect on O.Reg.419/05 Air Pollution-Local Air Quality POI limits, best practices for managing Certificates of Approval as well as Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Current issues and future trends in waste managementwill be covered by Paul van der Werf, President of 2cg Inc. with a focus on waste auditing and sustainability planning.
- Mistakes are often made when interpreting and implementing environmental legislation will be highlighted by Wayne MacLeod of Hazard Control Systems.
- Going beyond compliance - Sandra Tavares of Tavares Group Consulting will highlight the link between compliance, environmental management systems, social responsibility (including the NEW ISO 26000 social responsibility standard), and due diligence.
- An overview of environmental law (federal/provincial/municipal), its place within the regulatory framework and what to do to comply will be presented by Tom Corbett, a local leading environmental lawyer and Partner at LPP.
When & Where
Tavares Group Consulting
Tavares Group Consulting Inc. is a corporate social responsibility firm specialising in the areas of environmental, health & safety (EHS) management systems (implementation and auditing, including EHS compliance auditing), greenhouse gas inventory and auditing services, communications and training.
140 Ann St, Suite 205
London, Ontario N6A 1R3